The Pandemic has been devastating and is still wreaking havoc on the tourism industry as a whole. We at Shanjoy Tours and Safaris were not immune, and the level of uncertainty that has engulfed the world has caught up with us, making most of our operations impossible. That is why we are issuing these critical notices to guide us in maintaining the provisions of our first-rate services to you.
The following are some of the key terms that will be in effect RIGHT NOW. Throughout the Pandemic and until further notice: –
1. All new bookings are welcomed with a booking fee of less than 20%, which is used to secure and confirm your safari. In the event of cancellation, a full refund will be issued, excluding banking and other external charges.
2. For all NEW booking cancellations, the above (1) policies apply only to COVID-related cases; for all other cases, our Standard Terms apply.
3. Safari bookings that have already been confirmed (paid, including those with deposits) are still being postponed. The applicable period for rescheduling a safari has been increased from 12 months to 24 months.
3. Confirmed Existence (Not Paid) Bookings can be rescheduled to any date of your choosing, but are subject to other external terms such as government, lodging, and others that are beyond our control.
4. Unless otherwise specified, a rescheduled safari will take place on the previously booked dates.
5. If you need to make changes to any of your reservations, please contact us and we will assist you with the process.
This revised policy is effective immediately and will remain in effect until:
1. We need to revise it further to account for new circumstances.
2. The pandemic has been declared over by the World Health Organization.
3. Travel restrictions imposed by Covid-19 have been lifted;
4. We can also reintroduce our standard ‘Booking Procedures, Terms & Conditions.’
A 50% deposit is required via wire transfer or online payment to our company account to reserve your Safari. The remaining balance should be sent 30 days before the safari starts, or paid in cash at the airport. (The client is responsible for all transaction fees.)
A wire transfer or online payment to our company account, at Shanjoy Tours and Safaris, will be required for the first deposit.
The reservation fee is 50% (US dollars), but if you prefer, you can pay for your dream safaris with credit or debit cards (American Express, Visas, Mastercard), which incur transaction fees of 6% or less. Payments via PayPal incur a 7% transaction fee, and Direct Banking incurs a 3% transaction fee.
Shanjoy Tours and Safaris is comfortable with transactions in all the methods mentioned above. So choose the method that best works for you.
Shanjoy Tours and Safaris will refund all safari deposits paid, less the cost of cancellation fees levied by hotels, and administrative costs as below
|No of days||Percentage forfeited of tour price|
|40-60 days||full refund less 30% administration fee|
|14-40 days||50% of the tour price|
|6-14 days||80% of the tour price|
|Less than 14 days and no show||no refunds|
All expenses for vehicle and safari guide as per itinerary, meals while on safari and entrance fees to national parks and game reserves are included.
All safari prices are estimates and should not be used to make a reservation. For exact safari quotes, please contact our experts.
All safari quotes provided to you prior to and following payment are subject to change.
Depending on the route and number of safari tour/excursion participants, tour cars, safari minivans, 4WD jeeps, Land Cruisers, or coaches will be provided.
There are drivers/guides who speak English, Italian, German, Spanish, and French.
The company reserves the right to use subcontractors’ services.
Depending on the number of people sharing a single, double, or triple room or tent, rooms with private hot showers and toilets will be provided where possible. Single rooms are available for an additional fee but cannot be guaranteed. Hotels/lodges are named to indicate category, and rooms can be reserved at comparable standard hotels/lodges/tented camps.
*The company and its agents act solely as agents for the tours, transportation, and so on, and are not liable for injury, delays, loss, or damage in any way.
*The company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicle is governed solely by the laws of the country in which the tour is conducted.
*All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in the country where the actions are brought.
*The company reserves the right to use subcontractors to provide all or a portion of the services.
*The company will not be held liable for any luggage loss or damage.
Shanjoy Tours and Safaris is regulated and registered with the Tourism Regulatory Authority of Kenya (TRA) the only body that governs tour operators in the country so your booking is 100% safe and secure.
Marketing And Use of Photographic Materials
Shanjoy Tours and Safaris reserves the right to use photographs and videos taken during tours for marketing or other promotional purposes. The client hereby grants permission to use such photographs and authorizes the company to retain the copyright to such photographs and materials.